Hosive

it's a little ole place where we can get together

Feb-6-2009

from the pages of duh!journal: urgent plea for the end of indoor fireworks

duh!journal scours the earth for dumb behavior….some low brow…some high minded…all duh!

indoor pyrotechnics remains a popular trend at concerts, shows, sporting events, private celebrations and now….dinner! above is the apparent fantasy. but below is another recent reminder of how dumb an idea this really is….from cnn.com:

China nightclub fire kills 15

(CNN) — A group celebrating a birthday shot off fireworks at their table and set fire to a bar in China’s Fujian province, leading to the deaths of 15 people, China’s state-run Xinhua news agency reported.

Another 17 were injured.

The fire happened Saturday at a “Latin-style” bar and restaurant in Changle City at about 11:55 p.m.

The explosion from the fireworks set the ceiling on fire, and the entire bar was soon engulfed in flames, Xinhua cited a city government spokesman as saying on Sunday.

He told Xinhua the fire was put out in about 30 minutes and that three of the injured were in critical condition.

Changle City has closed all entertainment facilities in response to the fire.

Saturday was the last day of the weeklong holiday marking the Lunar New Year, which fell on Monday.

Changle City, which translates into “lasting happiness,” is about 29 km from the provincial capital of Fuzhou and is home to about 680,000 people.

*********

i have stopped laughing and mocking…and now i am saddened and outraged at the same time. i don’t know how duh!journal became a (real)public service warning.

Posted under duh! journal

Add A Comment

Comment spam protected by SpamBam